I am a professor of computing and mathematics at Marshall University. My research is in theoretical computability and mathematical logic (particularly reverse mathematics, second-order arithmetic, and computability theory) and in combinatorics.
My vita is available online.
I am currently the chair of the Department of Computer and Information Technology.
- Chair, Department of Computer and Information Technology, 2020–
- Academic Affairs Faculty Fellow for Academic Programs, Spring 2021.
- Director, Writing Across the Curriculum, 2020–2021.
- Graduate Director, Department of Mathematics, 2012–2020.
- Professor, Department of Mathematics, Marshall University, 2021–
- Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Marshall University, 2015–2021.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Marshall University, 2009–2015.
- Assistant Professor (Postdoc), Department of Mathematics, University of Michigan, 2006–2009.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor (Postdoc), Department of Mathematics, Appalachian State University, 2005–2006.
- PhD in Mathematics, Pennsylvania State University, 2005.
- BS in Mathematics and Computer Science, Honors College, Western Carolina University, 2000.
- mummertc at marshall.edu
- Morrow Library 114
- 304 696 6156
- 304 696 4646
- Mailing address
- Department of Mathematics
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755 USA